Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 9 - Ready to head out

Our last day in the homestead with Shay and Derek. She turned us on to VRBO.com to look for a place to stay in Bend and I think I have found a new love! Vacation rentals by owner is the site and I may never stay in another hotel ever. We found a great 3 BR, 2 bath place completely equiped in Sunriver, OR for the same price as a hotel just about anywhere. The guy who owns the place lives in Portland so we met him halfway and picked up the key and dropped of deposits, etc. I'll be interested to see the place in person tomorrow but the photos look amazing. Very excited about this find. Bob and I will be checking out VRBO for places to stay for the remainder of our trip!


Rain set in today and temps dropped once again, a great day to stay by the fire. Shay and I caught up, swapped photos, recipes and old memories of days gone by. The kids played, we hiked out and about and had a good day! Still no complaints about our trip!

1 comment:

Traveling Bells said...

Thanks for that tip...for when we are not in the moho!