Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Busy Week!

Gosh, where does the time go?

I restarted blogging a week ago and missed posting all week!  How did that happen, lol?

Oh well.  This past week has been so busy between Hannah's gymnastics, Christian's basketball and Xander doing what Xander does.  All good and never a dull moment.

Two more days until turkey day.  I have my wonderful mother in law coming to visit.  It will be a delight to have her here.  She just celebrated a birthday yesterday.....Happy Birthday mom.  I love her, can you tell?

We are busy getting everything ready.  All the shopping has been completed.  Pies are in the works.  This year will be the first year that each of my children are contributing to the meal. 

Xander is making a raspberry swirl cheesecake with chocolate crust....... YUM!

Hannah is taking over the tradition of making the homemade yeast rolls that I have made for the last 15 years.  I am excited for her and the rolls are simply divine!  Yeast rolls in a hour.....easy too!

And my dear sweet Christian, the moose.....he is making homemade whipped cream to top all the decadent pies and desserts.  Xander was about his age when he started making it now Christian has a new job for holiday meals.  He is excited and loves to feel needed.  I need him.

So as we clean and prep and cook and get ready to share in these splendid moments, I want to take a moment to tell my friends and family just how thankful I am to have each of you in my life.  I have a lot to be thankful for this year.

Gotta get back to today's cooking........Drunken Cranberries and Bourbon Margarita Slushies.......are you seeing a pattern with today's recipes????  Oh yea, I am making pies too.  I should probably make the pies before I open all the spirits huh?

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Traveling Bells said...

I'm coming to your house:) Love all the helpers that you have.

Blessings and big hugs, honey...