Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hello there strangers...

I am sorry for being away for so long.....well, actually no, I am not, who am I kidding? Blogging has been the last thing on my mind these last few days. I told my cousin Haley this morning that our family is certainly going to be up for an Oscar this year with all the drama that has been ensuing these last few weeks. Goodness, if I hear that one more person in my house has a VIRUS, I think I just might scream, lol! The only thing that hasn't gotten a virus is my computer and if that got one, I think I might just give up and toss in the towel...

Anyway, not to be a downer so we are all on the mend. You'd think I was neurotic or something the way I walk around the house these days with the Clorox wipes and disenfectants in my hand wiping every surface that anyone touches. Do you ever just feel like your house is "sick" sometimes? Well, that is exactly how I feel and I am washing and doing everything in my power to bring calm back to the Grove household. I am not a drama girl and it is exhausting. I don't know how some people just thrive and live off of drama.

So that's why you haven't seen or heard from me in a few days. My camera has been resting much to my chagrin so I think it's high time I pull up my bootstraps, pick myself up, and get busy again there's lots to see and do in this world, wink! I am very excited about a photography mixer that I am going to next weekend. This one will be up in Laguna Beach, just a 5 minute drive from my house but it is with a lot of well seasoned photographers from around the area and I hope to go and learn, learn, learn! I'll be going to another one at the end of March up in Santa Barbara, that one really has my motor kickin' into overdrive! I LOVE Santa Barbara. They also have some great wines in the area so I hope to come back with not only nice photos but some delicious beverages as well!! I'll keep you enlightened as it gets closer...

Now let's see. Have I missed out on anything in the last 2 weeks? Hmmm? Oh, I did get a wonderful surprise from my Dad and Cathy this week. I got the most beautiful photos of them together. I put the framed picture in my family room and I have the others still in my kitchen and will put them around in the next few weeks. They look fantastic and it was such a nice surprise during a week when I really needed a pick me up. I sure do miss them and would love to see them this year. I also have a neices and nephews in Maryland that I am anxious to meet. I need to work out plans to get back there, I miss my family! They are really important in the big scheme of things! So, dad and Cathy, if you ever catch up on the blogs......THANK YOU! I love you and you mean the world to me. The photos are perfect.

I have decided this year, to which I have attested to here on the blogs before, that I am giving up some responsibilities to focus on the family more and to really put my all into my phtography business. With that said, today I stepped down from the PTA Board that I have served on for the last 2 years and will relinquish my position as Secretary at the end of the year. It is bittersweet as I really enjoy serving however I realize that some things are just more important. Now maybe, if I give up about a dozen other things, I might actually have time to focus on those things I have set as priorties this year....baby steps.

I can tell that I haven't written in over a week as I am rambling and don't have a flow to this blog, not even a little bit. So, I should probably close for now. Get my thoughts together and figure out what I REALLY want to say and as you all know, I always have LOTS to say, whether someone wants to hear it or not, that's a different story, LOLOLOL!

Be sure to get out and VOTE today.

Peace,
Kimberly
XOXOXO

No comments: