Monday, February 25, 2008

Working on my photos...any thoughts?

Beautiful weekend here. We were supposed to get rain on Saturday and I was scheduled to take event photos for our local newspaper however it got rained out, only problem? It never rained that day, lol! So I had to find other thins to photograph. Hmm? Where do I start? Well, first I went to the local VW Club with my family. We have a '66 Split window standard bus that is pretty cool. This was our first time to the newly forming club. It was fun and we all decided to caravan down to the pier to show off the goods. It cracks me up how the old VW's turn people into kids again and how we get many peace signs flashed at us or stories of "way back when, I had one too...". They are real conversation starters!! It was fun. Next I decided that I wanted to try my hand at "urban, rocker" shots of Xander. The little one's get their pics taken ALL the time. Xander gets lost in the shuffle so I wanted to give him so one on one lovin' and make sure that he gets equal opportunity camera time, lol! So because he really wasn't buying in to what I was selling, I got lots of "teen angst", "I can't believe my mom is making me stand in the middle of downtown, I feel stupid" shots, lololol! He was a great sport about it but not overly happy about it at the time. However, this morning he told me that he wanted to do it again only this time in a "cool outfit"! Guess he warmed up to being the center of attention... And last but not least we headed across the street to my dear friend Maureen's house to our annual Oscar party. Everyone is required to come in costume. Christian was a USC football player (much to my chagrin as I cannot stand USC in either state - Carolina and definitely not Southern CA), I am a good old GA girl through and through however I am digressing. Hannah was Posh Spice, Xander was Billy Joe Armstrong the lead singer from Green Day, I was appropriately the "mamarazzi" (someone had to take pictures) and Bob was on a plane to Dallas in the role of HR Exec to a busy building products company! It was a fun night and my neighbor Tawni and I won Oscar's ourselves for having the most nominated winners correctly guessed!! I would like to thank......

Anyway, back to a busy work week. We've got lots going on...ortho appts, boy scouts, PTA mtgs, band practice and the list goes on and on. I know I haven't been updating like I was, I got behind when our family was so sick with that darned flu and upper respiratory junk that seemed to go round and round. I am glad we are off that merry go round, I was done with that ride!!! Anyway, barring some other unexpected stuff getting in the way of my perfectly planned schedule (can you hear me laughing as I write that?) I should be back to updating on a regular basis and posting more photos than ever!!

Much love to all of you and thanks for the updates and comments.
Kimberly (and clan)
XOXOXO

3 comments:

Haley D. said...

Tell Xander that the parting shot ROCKS!!!!!!!!! That could go on the back jacket of his first album, right? (Oh no- do they still call them albums these days?!?)

Mom to 3 happy kids said...

Thanks and you are so funny. Yep, they still have albums and believe it or not, we still have a working phonograph that we use all the time. We have over 100 actual albums and continue to buy them all the time. Do you believe they still sell them?????

Cool huh? Not many kids can say they know what a record player looks like much less say they own one!!

Traveling Bells said...

Handsome dude! Can't wait to get that first album:-)...xoxo