Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Locks of Love update...

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewHome.do

We (Hannah and I) took dinner over and hung out with Gina for about an hour last night just chit chatting and she asked me to forward the photos of Hannah's Locks of Love day to her. Hannah was so excited that she got to go in Evan’s room and eat green m&m’s that were Evan’s favorites! It was a fun time however you can see that Gina is hanging right there on the edge. Hannah has some deep cosmic relationship with Ev and I have no idea why however she is very perceptive to the “outside” world, I can tell you of other stories with the paranormal and my daughter. I told Gina that not one evening has gone by since late July that Hannah has not reminded us to include him in our evening prayers. Bob and I try to “breeze” through them some nights but she always makes us back up and add him in. At first we thought it was just a need to connect to someone so young and local however she is still adamant that Evan be included in our prayers no matter how much we try to move past it.

I apologized to Gina last night for feeling like we were outsiders trying to crash in on her journey but for whatever reason Hannah is keeping us connected to them and she was the kindest, most gracious, warm-loving person. She welcomed Hannah with open arms. She and I had met before but this was her first time meeting Hannah so it was very touching.

If you are unfamiliar with Evan's story, you can read all about it in the link above. Gina is having to live every parents worst nightmare of losing a child. She is one of the strongest people I have ever met and Evan's legacy will live on for years to come! Our family is connected to them through water polo and I was also the local paper photographer for the memorial that was held so we do have some history however Hannah had never met the family personally and now she has.

1 comment:

Traveling Bells said...

Hope you have chased all the pesky bugs away!

Amy/Jason/Alex are here with us in Orlando...yaaayyyy!!!

xoxo,
Sandy