Saturday, September 22, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Good morning,
I am feeling so much better this morning. After a good vent and a good nights sleep, I am ready for the day. This weekend will be a busy one. Xander starts us off with water polo this morning and Hannah has a soccer game this afternoon. When Xander gets out of water polo he will head to Churches Campout with the boy scouts for an overnighter. Then he will get up and have to be packed out by about 7:30 Sunday morning so that he can get to his 9:30 water polo game. While he is not playing in the game due to an injury, he will be there to support and cheer on his team, dressed out in uniform. They have 3 games tomorrow however he will only be at the first one since daddy is surprising him with tickets to Street Scene down in San Diego (a belated b-day present). That starts at 1pm so they will head down after the game with Xander's friend Katin to enjoy about 50 bands on 2-3 stages. The Killers, Social Distortion, Modest Mouse, etc. will be there. Xander (like his father) both love punk, blues and good old fashioned rock and roll. I am sure Xander will be in heaven.

Right now Xander is writing his own music and will record a CD next week for the Reflections Art Program which is sponsored nationally by the PTA. This year's theme is "I can make a difference by...". Being that he is our tree hugging, I am going to save the world child, he has decided that he is entering in 3 categories: photography, literature and music. He intends to depict in the 3 various entries how he can make a difference by cleaning up the beaches and protecting our marine environments. I'll post pictures and let you know how he does once he is finished with it. So he has to work on that this next week as well.

Finally, I have lots to do to get my biz off the ground. For those of you that don't know, I am a shutterbug and after much encouragement and insistence from our friends, I am opening my own photography business. I am not a studio type girl so I will be doing everything completely on location and candid. I am not a "say cheese" girl either, I like to capture the raw beauty and essence of each person's personality. In addition to that, my creative side has reared it head again and I am offering a complete line of custom art creations made with either their own photos or one's I have taken. I will post pictures soon of some of my creations. Everything I make can also be made with any of your children's art work that you want to preserve. I can put it on canvas, tumbled tile coasters, wood blocks etc all without harming the original artwork. It's actually pretty cool and makes great gifts! However, between the photo shoots and the custom art orders, I am super busy.

Speaking of which, children are calling in the background, the dryer bell is ringing and I need to jump in the shower so off I go, I'll update more later.....

XOXOXO
Kimberly

No comments: