Monday, September 24, 2007

YAPTA, YAPTA, YAPTA

If you travel and you don't YAPTA then you are tossing that money of yours right out the window!!! What is YAPTA? It is Your Amazing Personal Travel Assistant and it is the best travel website. Here's the deal:

Everyone knows we went to Costa Rica right? We purchased our tickets on June 9th at $523.40 per ticket. The same day I decided to log in to Yapta.com per someone’s suggestion. It was free and easy with very minimal personal info, yada, yada, yada. The site asks for your ticket confirmation or for destinations that you are interested in and tracks the prices letting you know when the costs goes up or down. If you already have purchased your tickets, it also tells you whether you are eligible for a refund or airline vouchers.

So… needless to say, we get an email telling us that our ticket prices went down and we are eligible for $30 vouchers. Of course, I tell Bob to call the airlines, what does he do? Nothing… Again, I get another email telling us that the prices have gone down and we are eligible for vouchers and what does he do? Again, NOTHING!!! Okay, so now I am frustrated because we paid more for tickets than they are selling for now and I am calculating in my feeble mind how I could be spending that money on vacation….. So, we get ANOTHER email from Yapta saying the prices have gone down again and we are now due for $60.00 vouchers for each ticket purchased. This time I implore my handsome, darling husband to please, please, please call American Airlines. Okay honey, whatever you say is what I get on the other end. Finally, he calls AA and immediately the person on the other end says okay Mr. Grove, well now the price is down to $303. per ticket and we will be happy to issue you a REFUND back to the same credit card that you purchased the tickets with.

In a span of 3 weeks worth of emails and 3 seconds on a phone call, we got over $1200.00 back in a refund, not vouchers, because of Yapta.com. So friends, as I end this infomercial for my favorite travel website (next to Travelzoo), I encourage each and every one of you to remember this website the next time you plan to travel. We had extra vacation money in our pockets because of them!!! You could too!

http://www.yapta.com/

No comments: