Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Can you hear that?

Shhhh......can you hear the sounds? That''s the sound of quite, the sound of all three of our kids in school all at the same time for the first time ever! It's is almost eerily quiet here. I have lots to do in the few hours I have alone so this will be rather short.

Xander and Hannah have always been very independent children and when left to their own choice, they just pick up and go without hardly a good-bye. Both have been to slumber parties since they were toddlers and have never needed the comfort of mom or dad to get them through anything no matter how big or small, they just did it, what ever "it" was. I always wished that they would "need" me just once.......well, be careful of what you wish for, lol! Christian comes along and he is like velcro. In the last month, he has all of a sudden "needed" his mommy more than anything else. Okay, I come in right behind "the stinky, smelly blanket that he calls his "boppy" and that I have to steal from him when he's not looking to get it in the wash and back in it's former place before he ever notices". So now, I have what I always longed for and I am thinking, I wanted this why? Don't get me wrong, I am soaking up every minute of the cuddles, the kisses, the reading time, the beauty of it all however, when it comes to dropping him off at school and he is attached to your leg like the piece of t.p. that gets stuck to the bottom of your shoe, it's a little tiresome. I felt horrible having to leaving him in a crying, heap of a mess at school today but he needs the social interaction and I need the 3 hours of freedom so that I can wash the boppy and get a few things done that keep piling up.

I read somewhere that "the days are long but the years are short" so I try to remember that every day and to enjoy all the little things. While I joke that I wish he were more independent, I know someday he will be and that someday he won't fit so easily in my lap so maybe just maybe, he'll let me sit in his!

Off to work on my photography biz, lots of orders coming in for holiday gifts so I need to get to bizzzzzzy!

~K

No comments: