Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's all coming together!!!

Well, when you pray, you believe and you try - great things happen. I also believe that everything happens for a reason. Two weeks ago, someone saw some of my photography work, loved what she saw and would like to partner with me. She is not a photographer herself but a make-up artist and stylist who has the world of connections in LA because both of her boys are successful child models who have appeared in local and national ad campaigns and commercials. She has the connections and experience to really put my business on the map.

I have taken a step back on my website (which I think I've stated before) and have been working on portfolio building and redefining who I am as an artist with plans to re-launch my website under a new name and look around the end of June. We live near the ocean, I can see it from my windows at home, so naturally most photographers do the same old ocean, happy family in jeans and white t-shirts photos or some derivative thereof. While I like those images, it's just not who I am. I am the funky, urban, street scene looking for old buildings, railroad tracks, furniture in fields, etc type of girl so I have been working hard to capture those images to reflect my true sense of being and style. Someone saw some of my recent images and she told me that I had an "eye and sense of style" that she hadn't seen in a long time and she thought she could help me to really embrace that, seek out new locations and to help me put my own spin on the same old stuff other people had been doing. WOW, what a compliment and to have someone approach me is amazing!

Now before you go thinking about scams, etc. I know this person as she is a friend of a friend. I know her as an acquaintance but never really got to know her until our boys decided to "jam" together one night. Her 2 boys are also part of another local tween rock band and they just lost their drummer so Xander stepped in as rhythm guitar and Noah (another boy in Xander's band)stepped in on drums. During the course of getting to know one another, she saw my work and the rest is history. She has a great reputation, she is a go getter, type A, creative, inspirational person. I feel very lucky for her to have noticed me. Better yet, she has sooooo many connections and has already secured our first client to be photographed in mid April!!!!

Can you feel me jumping up and down and hear me screaming with excitement? Now...to finally be zen and one with my camera. Between that and a maternity session I have coming up, it is truly all coming together.

So anyway, Katrina and I are meeting for breakfast one day this week to talk more about business structure and planning, how her work can compliment mine and all the other details. I was hesitant to say anything until I knew for sure but now I know it's a green light and I couldn't be happier! It's not what you know but WHO you know! Living here in the land of the plenty, lol, the opportunities are endless. We'll see what happens, keep your fingers crossed and say lots of prayers that this is a successful venture!!!

Til next time....

No comments: