Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fauxhawks, offerings and "let me see"

ETA ("edited to add" for those not hip to the acronym lingo, lol - come on get with the times already.... :D):

someone (ahem Grandma Grove) wants to know why we can't just give our kids "normal" haircuts? Our answer? If we had normal kids we might but have you really looked at our motley crew??? We're trying to get it out of their systems BEFORE the rebellious teenage years. They can tell all their friends that they are behind the times because they've already "been there, done that"!! :-) Between the fauxhawks and the faux tattoos they sport, I think we're breedin' some winners here in SoCal!!!

What happens when you leave a 3 year old boy alone in the house while you are working in the garage? LOTS!!! Bob comes out to greet me with a handful of hair. Of course seeing as how Hannah LOVES the use of scissors, restyles all of her Barbie's hair and then strips them down to being nekkid (she loves them in the b-day suits), I naturally without thinking passed it off as Hannah cutting her own hair AGAIN! Bob's answer to me, "nope"! Then who I ask??? Not even cluing in that it might be my adorable, quite mischievous, perfect angel of a boy Christian. NO, not him??? I know he needed a hair cut as it was getting quite long however..... Yup, it was my boy. With all the trouble he finds, I always tell him "good thing you're cute my dear"!!!


He managed to cut off a 4-5 inch spot taking it right down to the scalp, lol! I quickly called Kelly, my hair girl and begged for her next appt, seeing as how she is booked up forever, I just knew I was going to have to take matters into my own hands (not a good thing). Fortunately she had a last minute cancellation and could see us at 12:30 the next day (this past Friday), whew, another disaster averted! Next problem, I took my camera out, put it on the pool table and left it right there, dang it. I had no resources to document my son's life changing event, shucks!!! Anyway, he went from surfer long hair hippy punk to short hair faux hawk rocker punk in zero to 30 minutes!!! Here is a picture of his new do: I'll post some others of him when I can tie him down (he runs when I pick up the camera, lol) so these pictures I caught him at a good moment when he was willing to look at me.
He LOVES his faux hawk, don't even think about touching it, he'll yell at you to not mess it up!!!

My boy is growing up and cutting all his hair off aged him. Now with his height and size, he looks like a 5 year old instead of a 3 year old.....that coupled with the fact that he is "passing down" shoes to his older sister by 3 years because he has outgrown them, well, let's just say I work directly with the local food vendors just to keep him fed, wink, lol!!!


While we are on the subject of my darling boy let's chat about his sweet favorite sayings. If he offers you something he has to eat (which is a rare occasion he offers up his food) and you decline, he gets very upset. He will then look at you and tell you , "but I would like to offer you some". How can you resist that? He will say that over and over until you take what he is "offering". At least he is polite and giving, let's hope it lasts!


Then lastly another famous, multiple times a day saying Christian has is this.... when you ask him a question, 9 times out of 10 he responds with a very drawn out "let me see???" all the while scratching his chin like he is thinking, lololol!!!!! Then he will "think" for a moment and then answer you. It's very cute until I am in a hurry to know an answer and he is taking his time pondering the the thought..... Good thing he's cute!!!!

1 comment:

Traveling Bells said...

OMGoodness...life is never dull with three kids, don't I know that!

Glad you let Miss Hannah know that grandmas weren't born old!!!

Sure wish y'all lived closer...yes, we could have lots of crafting fun together...xoxoxoxo