Friday, March 28, 2008

It all starts with one....

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=5658419

I had my very first photo accepted into the iStock library (a subsidiary of Getty Images) of stock photos!!!! The “tearful tiki” is mine, that was the photo I took in Dominical at Rio Mar!!! I would love for someone to purchase it however to be perfectly honest I really don’t care! I am so excited that after grueling submission requirements (the photos have to be near perfect in every way from resolution to color to size to everything….) that so far one of my photos was worthy of being accepted. It’s easier to get a passport than it is to get a photo accepted for stock galleries!!!! I was also very selective in deciding who I wanted to submit images to and work with.

After 250 accepted images, you will be eligible to become exclusive and all your images will also be available to Getty Images, the largest stock photo library in the world. Just another thing for me to "dabble" in as I love landscape and scenery photography as well. I am focusing my "paid" work on kids, seniors (of the high school variety) and maternity.

Woo Hoo! :-)

Now back to work on building my empire!! Off to find senior girls for my funky, urban, eclectic “trash the prom dress” sessions…….

I LOVE my job!!!!!

1 comment:

Traveling Bells said...

Congrats!!! What a bonus to find a hobby you like and get paid to play:-)
Mucho hugs,
Sandy
xoxoxo