Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

This has been an awesome week for me from a professional standpoint! Remember the post a while back about me doing stock photos for iStock.com, Ihave had 10 purchases so far in the last month. That may not sound like a lot but to me, who only tried my hand at stock photography for fun and only submitted 3 photos, well, I'm darned happy that anyone feels my photos worthy of publishing!

That brings me to my next exciting news......remember my first official press pass I received last weekend? I had my first photos published in an actual newspaper and on their online website. To finally have my passion come to life and be seen by the world, it is an amazing feeling. I am officially a freelance photographer for the local news, woo hoo!

http://www.danapointtimes.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=260&cntnt01returnid=51

Now don't think I am going to get too big for my britches, I know I still have a lot to learn. I am enrolling at the local college for fall classes as well as working with other professional photogs to hone this craft, I want to be the best I can be. For look for new stuff to come in the future!

1 comment:

Traveling Bells said...

Wooohoooo...congats on your publication! Great job:-)