Monday, July 21, 2008

3 kids, 3 camps, 3 locations

WHAT WAS I THINKING??? Experience a day in my world this week.....

Christian Church Camp 9-12 - In town
Hannah Ocean Institute Camp 9-4 - Dana Point - in the opposite direction NORTH!
Xander Cub Scout Day Camp 10-3 - Camp Pendleton - in the complete opposite direction SOUTH!

So I drive Hannah to her camp in Dana Point, turn around, drop off Christan at his back where we started from, pick up car pool scouts and then head south to Camp Pendleton to drop off the boys at their camp where they are leaders and helping out. Stay for 2 hours myself at the day camp as a parent volunteer before heading back to......

Pick up Christian at noon, hang out with my boy alone for a few hours, head back south to pick up the other boys and car poolers, head back to the church (starting point) to drop off said car poolers, then head back north to the Ocean Institute to pick up my darling daughter!!! WOW.

I thought I would get a little free time having them all in camp at once during the same week, I just never factored into the equation, the locations or times. Bad planning mommy, bad panning! :-) I am road warrior this week.

However at the end of the day when they are sharing their experiences with me and telling me all they did and learned, I snuggle in close, listen intently and thank God for allowing me the time and opportunity to be that road warrior or mom that gets to do this each day. I wouldn't change a thing!!!

1 comment:

Haley D. said...

Give those sweet kiddos hugs & kisses from me! Thanks for reminding us haggard moms to count our blessings.