Sunday, July 20, 2008

Funnel Cakes, caramel apples, kiddie rides and a concert!

When was the last time you went to a county fair? I have to say for me, it has been years, I cannot remember the last time I went to the fair. I think with my growing annoyance of large crowds I have avoided places like this to save my sanity however with children it is almost a rite of passage and something you must do as a parent. So out we ventured and I have to say, it wasn't all that bad. The kids had a great time, ate waaaay toooooo much "fair food" and are sleeping blissfully at this point. All in all today was a great day. The first ride of the day, Pony Rides. Ain't she a doll?

Xander, Bob and Xander's friend Katin are still there rockin' out to the Dropkick Murphy's, an Irish Punk Band. This was an early birthday gift from us since it is his favorite band of all. We only have birthday parties on milestone years and since this is one for Xander it will be filled with fun and surprises. He doesn't know this but we have decided as a special treat for his 13th bday that we are going to surprise him with 12 small birthday gifts leading up to a big one throughout the next week heading in to the special day. The special day will be filled with fun and laughter as we host a beach bash luau for him over at Doheny State Park. So anyway, this was his first gift of many to come. He was over the moon and has had a smile on his face the entire day today!

My speed demon in the middle of the pack - she is a take no prisoners kind of gal.
Hannah brought her friend Kennedy with us to the fair and we embarked on all the kiddie rides. H & K rode the ferris wheel all alone and after getting stuck at the tippy top for a few minutes while the operator handled other business and changed out riders, they decided that they had had enough and never wanted to see that ride again, once was enough!! They did enjoy all the other rides, their favorite was the bumper cars.

Christian, Kennedy and Hannah respectively

Of course Christian decided I needed to ride with him on a few even though I tried to talk him into taking daddy on the rides. No way, he wanted his mamma! So I squeezed into the toddler seats meant for no person over about 50lbs (I am just a few lbs over 50lbs but that's a topic for another day) and tried to enjoy the 45 seconds that the ride lasted. Again, he was delighted and decided after a couple of rides that he was a big boy now and managed the remainder of the rides with help from no one. Whew disaster averted, I had visions of having to be rescued from one of the rides! He especially loved the swing ride, that was the only one where he threw his hands in the air during the ride and squealed with delight, it was such a joy to experience new fun stuff with my babe who also has a birthday coming up very soon!

Look ma I can pay for the ride and ride the ride all by my self!!!

I am heading off to dream land myself as this week will be super busy as all three kids will be in summer camps at 3 different locations with 3 different starting and stop times!!! I didn't plan that well did I? :-) I will do my best to post regularly this week, I am still working on the past posts, I have a few in drafts and will have those done as well. Keep checking back.

1 comment:

Haley D. said...

Oh what fun! Our local fair should be coming soon. Maybe the girls won't notice and we can avoid it this year...