Monday, January 21, 2008

Can you stand another picture of my kids?

We decided to join a few other families at the ice skating rink today for a little winter fun. Well, Hannah of course skated circles around all her friends, with the exception of Emma, who proved to be a perfect match for her. Christian decided 1 lap around was enough to give him his frosty winter sensation so he was ready to leave the ice. Drats, now what do I do? I wanted to skate, especially with Hannah Mac because she is surprisingly good and can keep up with me. Decisions, decisions..... well, about that time, Xander decides that since he has no friends there, he really isn't that interested in skating alone. While I am sad he doesn't want to skate, ding, ding, a light goes off....he can watch Christian for a bit while I hang out with the girls. Since he was content to do that, off I went. A few circles back around, I come to find out that my darling 3 year old had an "accident" and I don't mean of the spilling soda variety. Darn it, now what? We had only been there for a short time. I decided that since he wasn't complaining and didn't really seem to care, I went back out with Hannah for a another round or two, gathered up the kiddies, headed to the snack shack for a hot pretzel and then we headed home in the nice WARM car. I know, it stinks sometimes being a mom and having to make those quick decisions on do I stay or do I go when things like this happen and you (meaning me) are not prepared. I decided to let my son sit in wet pants for a bit, I am sure somewhere down the road he'll be telling his therapist all about it. :-)

Here are some pictures of the day! Day 21 and going strong!!! I realized that the moose looks stressed inall of these!!

No comments: