Sunday, January 20, 2008

Photos, Flickr & Fun!!!

Hey there! Well, it's been a couple days since I posted so here I am to catch up. I will also post the photos from the last 3 days for the 366 I am doing this year so be sure to read back. Now, give me a bit of time since I am not a magician and cannot post all the photos at once so just keep checkin' back baby!!

This weekend has been so much fun. Saturday, Hannah and I went with 12 other moms and daughters to the American Girl Place in LA at The Grove. It was an amazing experience and if you have daughters in the 6-12 age range, please, please be sure to go to your nearest one with them. We purchased the Day at the Am. Girl Place package which included:
  • $120 in spending moola
  • 2 tickets for lunch or tea (we did lunch - it was fabulous I might add)
  • 2 tickets to the musical (the cast was amazing)
  • 1 magazine photo session
  • 1 musical performance CD
  • 1 t-shirt for the doll

It was well worth each and every dime!! Hannah was able to get Mia, the 2008 Doll of the Year and the entire starter package with the package money and b-day $$ from the grandma's! We had an awesome mother/daughter day, it will be a day we will never forget.

Today, I met up with 4 other professional photogs at the San Clemente pier for lunch and a photo shoot. I learned more in those 3 hours than I have in the last 3 months. Below are some photos from the day, the other kids are one of the photographer's that was there (Hannah was the only one of my kids there). I think that between the classes I am taking, more days like these and just getting a feel for how I want "my style" to be, I think that I am going to re-work my website, my company name and my branding within the next 6-8 months. I have never been so happy at a job in all my life, I love capturing these moments. Let me know what you think of today's shots..... Oh, by the way, I am on Flickr now as well, check it out for more pictures, I am going to start linking the photos here to either Flickr or my website (baby steps)!!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/16942782@N04/ XOXOXO,
Kimberly

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

HM (is that Her Majesty?) is sooo photogenic! Love the new pix. My fave of the day is the color head shot under the peer.

Also glad to hear the rave review of AGP. That's where we're thinking of heading for Miss A's b-day in June.

Mom to 3 happy kids said...

You are dead on - Her Majesty is correct, although you are quite clever as I would have never thought of that acronym...thanks for a new one!

I highly recommend you go to the AGP. My only change would be to leave about an hour's time in between lunch and the performance. We had to head straight in from lunch and it got rushed in the end so we didn't truly get to enjoy all our b-day desserts. The staff was great, they remembered all the girls AND parents names during lunch, brough out b-day goodies for the 6 people we had celebrating with us (incl 2 parents) and the lunch was delish. The chicken fingers were probably the best of everything but the greek pasta, the club and the grilled chicken salad were yummy! If you want to know more, send me an email and I'll give you the 411 on the rest!

Let's catch up soon. How's Amy?